Cosmetic Injections to Help You Look Your Best
We all want to look our best, especially as we age. Have you noticed wrinkles here and saggy skin there? Maybe frown lines on your forehead or circles under your eyes? Let Karine Davis, ARNP, of Providence Medical Group’s plastic and reconstructive surgery clinic show you how BOTOX, fillers and other skin care products can help you look and feel your best.
Karine is an advanced registered nurse practitioner and cosmetic injection specialist. She works in close collaboration with Dr. Scott and Dr. Edwards, our plastic and reconstructive surgeons, to evaluate patients and make treatment recommendations. Karine’s practice consists of perioperative care, assisting in the OR, cosmetic injections and skin care education.
To make an appointment with Karine, call (425) 316-5080 or request an appointment online.
Cosmetic Injections offered at Providence Medical Group
Botox and Other Neurotoxins
Maybe you’ve heard the term “lunchtime facelift,” which usually refers to injections of BOTOX or other neurotoxins. This treatment is typically used for deep wrinkles on the forehead, between the eyebrows and for crow’s feet. Small amounts of solution are injected into the skin, causing surrounding muscles to relax. This relaxation effect reduces the appearance of even deep expression lines and wrinkles. The rest of your face is unaffected, so natural expressions and movements remain completely unchanged.
Providence Medical Group offers two different neurotoxin treatments:
- BOTOX: The gold standard of neurotoxins. It takes 3-7 days to kick in and you’ll see maximum benefits at 30 days. It lasts 4-6 months.
- Xeomin: Xeomin is slightly less expensive than BOTOX and is popular among people trying to prevent lines and wrinkles. If you relax the muscles that ultimately cause lines and wrinkles now, then those lines and wrinkles are less likely to form.
Patients taking blood thinners like Coumadin or patients carrying the herpes virus may need special considerations prior to receiving injectables. The experts at Providence Medical Group can tell you more.
If BOTOX is a “lunchtime facelift,” then injectable fillers could be called “liquid facelifts.” Dermal fillers are natural or synthetic materials injected under the skin to plump lips, restore a youthful fullness to your face and soften facial creases and wrinkles. They offer many of the same benefits of a traditional, surgical facelift – without the recovery time. They cost a lot less, too.
Providence Medical Group offers a number of injectable dermal filler treatments:
- Artefill: Most injectable dermal fillers last 1-2 years and then have to be repeated to maintain results. Why? Because the body eventually absorbs the solution and the results fade. Artefill* is different. The solution contains tiny microspheres that not only aren’t reabsorbed by the body, but they actually help stimulate the production of natural collagen and healthy tissue – which means results last longer. Artefill costs a little more, but it can last up to 5 years.
- Radiesse: Radiesse injections also include tiny microspheres which stimulate your body to produce more collagen and healthy new tissue to correct facial wrinkles. You’ll love the natural, younger look after a Radiesse treatment. Unlike Artefill, the microspheres in Radiesse do eventually break down and are reabsorbed by the body. But, generally speaking, you can expect results to last 1-2 years. And, with Radiesse, there’s no 4-week skin sensitivity test required.
- Juvederm: Juvederm comes in two formulas – Ultra for fine lines and wrinkles and the more robust Ultra+ for deeper volumizing. Juvederm results last about one year.
- Belotero Balance: Belotero Balance works well for fine lines and wrinkles, as well as hiding the “tear trough” (or dark circle) look we’re all familiar with underneath the eyes. The results of a Belotero Balance injection last about one year.
* Artefill contains bovine collagen. Before you can receive an Artefill injection, you must have a skin sensitivity test. This test takes 4 weeks to evaluate. Please plan accordingly.
Quality Skin Care Products
Wendy Vick of Providence Medical Group is also an expert in general skin care. She’ll teach you how to take better care of your skin every day. She can offer a variety of quality skin care products to help you, as well. She’s tested them all and carries only the best, most effective products.
Providence Medical Group carries a number of quality skin care product lines:
- Beauté Pacifique
Call for an Appointment
Whether you’re looking for a surgical procedure or a cosmetic injection, the experts at Providence Medical Group Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery are here to help. To make an appointment at Providence Medical Group Plastic and Reconstructive Surgey, call (425) 316-5080 or request an appointment online.