The Forget-Me-Not Program
“Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels.”
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The pain and uncertainty of learning your baby may be born with a life-threatening or life-limiting condition is overwhelming. The Forget-Me-Not Program offers compassionate support to address the pregnancy, delivery and postpartum needs of the family during this difficult time.
Components of the Forget-Me-Not Program
- Birth plan is personalized, based on the family’s wishes and values regarding hospital care. It could include topics like pain management, family involvement and spiritual support.
- Coordination of care ensures continuity among providers, including primary care staff and specialists.
- Health care system provides insight into health care resources and help in navigating through support services.
- Grief support provides intensive support for families during the hospital stay, as well as discharge follow-up.
- Impending loss creates keepsakes for families facing the loss of an infant and assistance with final arrangements.
The Forget-Me-Not support services team:
- Primary obstetrics provider
- Pediatric cardiologist
- Birth place staff
- Neonatal intensive care staff
- Sunflower Program pediatric palliative care team
- Case management and social services staff
- Financial counselors
- Hospice and grief support groups
The Forget-Me-Not program is provided at no additional cost to families.
Phone: (509) 474-4059