Providence has a strong reputation for quality in cardiac services, consistently exceeding the national averages on key quality measures as reflected in these 2011 statistics.
And when you need advanced heart surgery or treatment, Sacred Heart Medical Center:
- has Washington state’s lowest rate of hospital readmissions among heart failure patients. (Hospital Quality Alliance);
- ranks in the nation’s top 10% of hospitals in treating patients for heart attack and congestive heart failure, and in the top 20% for coronary artery bypass grafting. (Premier, Inc.);
- is among an elite group of hospitals awarded mentor status for improving patient care. (Institute for Healthcare Improvement);
- achieved 98% door-to-balloon times under 90 minutes—as recommended by the AHA—for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI). National average is 92%.
Recognition for Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center:
- Most cardiac procedures of any program in the Northwest.
- HealthGrades #1 in region for cardiology & cardiac surgery.
- One of only three cardiac transplant programs in the nation recognized for excellence by HealthGrades,
- U.S. News & World Report Best Regional Hospital in Cardiac & Cardiac Surgery.