Look Up Your Child's Symptoms
Have a medical symptom or health care concern? Use this interactive body guide to look up and explore health topics that could help.
More Online Health Resources
From Providence Heart Beat magazine, to our online health library and interactive health quizzes, we have the tools and information you need to stay healthy, and to find help when you need it.
Classes and Events
Providence hosts a wide variety of health-related classes, events and support groups in Spokane, including CPR classes, childbirth and parenting education, tobacco cessation and more. We also hold, sponsor or support major events that benefit non-profit organizations in our community.
Providence in our Community
- Project ADAM - Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital is installing automated external defibrillators (AED) and implementing the necessary training programs in local high schools, in response to a recent spike in adolescent deaths due to sudden cardiac arrest. Learn More About Project Adam
- Safe Kids Spokane - Affiliated with Safe Kids Worldwide, Safe Kids Spokane is a collaborative group with a mission of preventing unintentional childhood injury - a leading cause of death and disability for children ages 14 and under. Learn More About Safe Kids Spokane
- Health Smart Kids - Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital has partnered with Kohl’s Health Smart Kids program as a part of an initiative to address childhood obesity and diabetes in our region. We hope you will enjoy the family-friendly recipes and tips for healthy eating! Let's Get Cooking!
Books we Recommend
- Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5, AAP
- Caring for Your School-Aged Child: Age 5-12, AAP
- Caring for Your Teenager, AAP
- New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding, AAP
- Guide to Your Child’s Symptoms Birth Through Adolescence, AAP
- ADHD: A Complete and Authoritative Guide, AAP
- All Kinds of Minds, Mel Levine MD
- 1-2-3 Magic, Thomas Phelan - A Guide to discipline in toddlers and young children.
- Siblings Without Rivalry, Adele Faber
- The Explosive Child, Ross Greene
- The Challenging Child, Stanley Greenspan
- Waking Up Dry: A Guide To Help Children Overcome Bedwetting, AAP
- Guide To Your Child’s Sleep, AAP
- Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems, Richard Ferber – Definitive book on nighttime sleep problems.
- Guide To Toilet Training, AAP
- The Body Book for Boys, Jonathan Mar
- The Care and Keeping of You, Valorie Schaefer – the body book for girls
- Touchpoints, T. Berry Brazleton
- The Magic Years, Selma Fraiberg