How Your Gift Helps
Many of the programs and services we offer would not be possible without your donations. Below are some of the ways donations help ensure the people in our community get the hospice care and grief support they deserve. Please contact the Foundation office if you'd like to discuss additional opportunities.
- Greatest Need/Unreimbursed Care – No patient is ever turned away based on their ability to pay.
- Children’s Programs – Our comprehensive children’s programs include Stepping Stones (hospice and palliative care for children with a life-limiting illness), Safe Crossings (anticipatory grief and bereavement program for children who have lost a loved one) and Camp ErinTM-King County (a weekend camp for children who have lost a loved one).
- Patient Special Needs Program – Some of our patients find their financial resources exhausted by a long illness. This fund assists in paying for basic essentials for the patient and their family. This may include assistance with rent, phone or utility bills, food, medical supplies, medications, and partial financial assistance with funeral expenses.
- Transitions Program – Offers palliative, non-medical, volunteer and case management services to adults with a life-limiting illness who are ready for hospice.
- Grief & Bereavement Services – Providing care to more than 3,000 individuals and families throughout King County.