This is a guide for Providence Regional Medical Center Everett staff seeking outside grant funding for Providence Regional programs or services. This is not for outside organizations or nonprofits seeking funding from Providence General Foundation. If you are an outside, nonprofit organization wanting to apply for funding from the Providence General Foundation, please contact us at (425) 258-7500.
A Guide Designed for Providence Regional Medical Center Service Lines Seeking Grant Support
The Providence General Foundation has a wealth of information on grant writing and funding sources. We have current grant information on file or can access it for you, including grant guidelines, how-to-primers, application materials and required supporting documentation.
Contact the Foundation’s Grants Manager for assistance with proposal development and identifying the best funding source for your project. Prior to seeking assistance from the Foundation Grants Program, it is helpful to think through the following steps. The examples are provided to give you an idea of the level of detail needed to get started. If you get stuck on any of the steps, please contact us for assistance.
Six Things to Consider when Seeking a Grant
Once you have your administrator’s approval to pursue an outside grant, the Foundation Grants Manager will need the following information from you via the External Grant Proposal Assistance Request Form:
- The nature of the project and how it will be conducted. Example: Identify, screen and provide a brief intervention for patients seeking treatment in Providence Emergency Department for trauma or other injuries related to alcohol/drug abuse and/or mental health disorders.
- Anticipated project objectives, activities and outcomes. Example: Patients receiving a chemical dependency/mental health screening and brief intervention will receive referrals for follow up treatment in the community when appropriate.
- Population being served or benefiting from the project: Example: patients seeking treatment in the Emergency Department for trauma or other injuries related to alcohol/drug abuse and/or mental health disorders.
- Staffing/volunteer needs. Example: Addition 3.0 FTEs plus utilization of 10% of existing 1.0 FTE for supervision and administrative oversight.
- Estimated total project expenses and duration. Example: Approximately $250,000 is needed for a 12-month project starting date/month/year.
- Criteria for evaluating the project and assess success and effectiveness. Example: Increased screening and intervention, decreased inpatient admissions, and increased referrals to community treatment programs.
Download this information in brochure format.
Providence General Foundation
916 Pacific Avenue
Everett, WA 98201