A Guide for Grant Seekers
This is a guide for Providence Regional Medical Center Everett staff seeking outside grant funding for Providence Regional programs or services. This is not for outside organizations or nonprofits seeking funding from Providence General Foundation. If you are an outside, nonprofit organization wanting to apply for funding from the Providence General Foundation, please contact us at (425) 258-7500.
A Guide for Providence Regional Service Areas Seeking Grants Assistance from Outside Organizations
The purpose of this guide is to provide clear direction and support to those wishing to secure outside funding for projects, services, or capital equipment for Providence Regional Medical Center Everett.
Why is a Grants Protocol Necessary?
A grants protocol will ensure that submitted grant applications are linked to the goals and strategies of both Providence Regional Medical Center and Providence General Foundation, the fundraising arm for the Medical Center.
A protocol ensures that funders do not receive multiple applications simultaneously from the same organization. Unfortunately when faced with this situation, funders often choose not to fund either project rather than decide between programs.
A Grants Protocol is not Intended to:
- Show favoritism of one project over another
- Delay application for funds
- Discourage staff or volunteers from seeking outside funding
A Grants Protocol Ensures that:
- Grant applications meet the standards set forth by the funder
- All grant applications meet the standards set forth by Providence Regional Medical Center Everett and Providence Health & Services
- Grant applications have been approved by appropriate administrative staff and have the support of the department (s) for which the funding is sought
- Grant funds are properly accounted for when received
- Applicants have improved chances of securing grant funds
- There is appropriate recognition and acknowledgement of funding awards
Click here to learn about making a request
Download this information in brochure format.