Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do we need a Providence Giving Campaign?
A: Providence Health Care Foundation supports program, equipment, patient services and staff education that is not covered in the capital budget. By giving to the campaign, you send a powerful message to our community—we not only work at Providence, we invest in world-class health care in our community.
During our annual campaign we ask caregivers to consider a personal investment toward their passion at whatever financial level is meaningful to them.
Q: When is the 2017 campaign?
A: The campaign runs from March 15 to April 15. The first payroll deduction is May 5.
Q: Is participation mandatory?
A: No. Financial contributions are 100% voluntary and 100% appreciated.
Q: Where does my donation go?
A: You tell us! You may direct your support to the Area of Greatest Need (unrestricted dollars that support a variety of needs as determined by the Foundation’s local Board of Directors) or to an area or program that is important to you:
- Cancer Care: Research, patient care and equipment for adults or children
- Cardiac Care: Transplants, rehabilitation, research, patient care and equipment for adults or children
- Children's Miracle Network Hospitals: Critical treatments and medical equipment at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital
- Children's Samaritan Fund: Essentials for families who are struggling financially due to a child's illness
- Dental Clinics/Dental Residency: A new program that will help increase access to dental care for low-income adults
- Employee HELP Fund: Financial assistance to caregivers who are dealing with a life crisis
- Sister Peter Claver Endowment: Helps our most poor and vulnerable patients
- Team St. Luke's: A recreation program for youth and adults with physical disabilities
- Other: If you don't see your area of interest, please give us a call at (509) 474-4917 or click here for more options..
Q: How do I donate?
A: Payroll deductions provide the easiest way to contribute. An online pledge form is available here, or you may make a gift online via credit card here.
Q: How much of my dollar goes to the program or service provided?
A: 100% of your gift to Providence Health Care Foundation goes to the program(s) you designate.
Q: How much should I give?
A: Only you can make that decision. Your participation is important at whatever level is personally meaningful to you (we do have a $2 minimum donation for each fund). Some employees choose to pledge a specific amount at one time, while others opt to select an amount for a bi-weekly payroll deduction.
Q: What’s in it for me?
A: You might be surprised to learn about equipment or educational opportunities in your own department that are funded with foundation dollars! Strong caregiver participation states loudly to our community that together we are invested in Providence. And ultimately, giving feels good. Rest assured, every dollar stays local and goes to support the fund(s) you selected.
New this year: All donors will receive a “badge charm” that they can attach to their Providence name badge. This charm will make them eligible for various “pop-up” events throughout the year. That might include a “jeans day,” the opportunity for a free frozen yogurt, and other fun rewards. Donors are also eligible for drawings for free PTO days.
Q: Is my donation tax-deductible?
A: Absolutely! Your payroll deductions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Q: Where can I turn in my completed form?
A: If you elect to use the paper, rather than the online form, you may return it to Providence Health Care Foundation, 101 W. 1st Ave., Spokane 99204; or fax it to 509-474-4813.
Click Here to Make Your Pledge Online