Exceptional Local Health Care
In January 2012, Providence St. Mary Foundation became a not-for-profit organization, separate from the medical center, with a mission to provide philanthropic support to Providence St. Mary Medical Center. This important distinction ensures each and every dollar raised stays in our community. We are proud to help ensure the most exceptional healthcare is available to ALL the communities we serve in Southeast Washington and Northeast Oregon.
Through the generosity of our donors, the Foundation has made the following recent impacts:
- $330,000 to purchase the latest nurse call system for our most vulnerable patients in the Intensive Care Unit. This vital system alerts nursing staff to issues, many which are extremely time sensitive and life-threatening.
- $64,000 towards 14 new infusion chairs in the Cancer Center, improving the comfort of our patients while they receive chemotherapy treatment.
- 147 free screening mammograms for women in our community who couldn’t otherwise afford this life-saving exam.
- 880 room nights at the Herring House for cancer patients traveling long distances. Adjacent to St. Mary, the 4-bedroom residence was donated by the Herring Family.
- 1,200 gas cards made available through the Foundation’s Cancer Special Needs Fund. Without these gas cards, many couldn’t afford the travel costs associated with receiving weeks of cancer treatment at St. Mary.
- Free emotional support programs including the Hispanic Women’s Cancer Support Group and the CLIMB Program to help children whose parents or grandparents have been diagnosed with cancer learn tools to overcome their fear of the disease.
- Free community lecture on genetics and cancer by Robert Resta, MS, the Director of Genetic Counseling at Swedish Medical Center.
Providence St. Mary Foundation EIN: 45-2841492