2013 Christmas Carnival featured CASPAR BABYPANTS
This free community event was a great way to kick-off the holidays!
Caspar Babypants is also known as Chris Ballew, twice Grammy nominated lead singer and songwriter for the Seattle band The Presidents of the United States of America. A few years ago Chris rediscovered turn of the century folk and traditional music and focused on a more simple approach that gave birth to Caspar Babypants. His wife Kate Endle is a huge influence toward his transformation and writing style for kids and does all the cover art for the albums. Chris says, "I want to make music for the very young because I admire their associative inventive imaginations and as an adult I nurture that same creativity in myself." Caspar Babypants has four records out, including: HERE I AM! (2/09), MORE PLEASE! (11/09), THIS IS FUN! (11/10), SING ALONG! (8/11) HOT DOG! (4/12) and I FOUND YOU (12/18/12). Chris lives in Seattle by the woods and the ocean.
We would like to extend a HUGE thank you to the entertainers and participants who made the event truly special:
- Santa took notes and delighted many young carnival goers.
- The Seattle Children's Museum provided free crafts for the kids.
- Adam Lee, the amazing balloon artist, delighted the crowd.
- Zico Coconut Water and Honest Tea provided refreshing drinks.
- The kids enjoyed free cookies and milk while their parents sipped complimentary espresso from Seattle's Best Coffee.
- Entertainment will roll throughout the day free of charge! Check back often to see who has been scheduled
- 12:30 p.m. Gymnastics Connection
- 2:00 p.m. Stewart Jennings
- 3:30 p.m. CASPAR BABYPANTS
- 4:30 p.m. Christmas Stories by WARM 106.9. Click here for a video!
- 5:00 p.m. Holy Names Vocal Ensemble
- 5:45 p.m. Shorecrest Highland Dancers
- 6:15 p.m. Splinter Dance Group
- 6:35 p.m. Mak Fai WA Kung Fu
- 7:10 p.m. Splinter Dance Group
- 7:30 p.m. Tabernacle Choir & Mime Ministry
- Thank you to Tony Harris for emceeing the event!
We look forward to seeing you again in 2014!
For more information please contact Jaime Beytebiere at 206.938.4925 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrating caring services that enhance the lives of those in need through healthcare, housing, and hospice.