This event is free and open to the public, health care professionals, government officials, and anyone who is curious or has concerns about the new laws and how residents of Washington State are affected.
- Jeff Collins, MD, Chief Medical Executive - Providence Health Care
- Susan Johnson, Regional Director - US Department of Health and Human Services
- Mike Kreidler, Washington State insurance commissioner
- Michael Marchand, Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- Madeline Otto, Director of Federal Government Relations - Group Health Cooperative
- And a representative from the Community Health Association of Spokane (CHAS)
Topics for discussion may include health care exchanges; how the new law affects those already insured; changes to Medicaid and Medicare; expected costs; and how the Act will work for the average health care consumer. In the second hour, panelists will take questions from the audience - come prepared to ask yours!
The forum will be taped for later broadcast on Spokane Public Radio (KPBX 91.1-FM and KSFC 91.9-FM), as well as City Cable Channel 5.