The power of being kind to yourself
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is a research-supported training that cultivates the skills of mindful awareness and self-compassion. This course consists of eight consecutive weekly, 2½ hour sessions in a group format, plus a four hour retreat. This class is beneficial for anyone struggling with self-criticism, emotional distress, chronic illness or post-cancer recovery, compassion fatigue, body image issues and a lack of self -kindness.
In this training you will learn how to:
- Stop being so hard on yourself
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease and confidence
- Motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
- Transform difficult relationships, both old and new
- Savor life and be more present in your daily activities
- Manage caregiver fatigue
- Boost happiness and psychological well-being
The instructor, Rebecca Bohn MA, received her MSC teacher training at the University California, San Diego and received extensive training with Kristen Neff , Chris Germer and other leaders in the mindfulness field.
Cost and registration
The fee for this course is $325, which includes 24 hours of instruction and experiential learning, retreat, workbook and other practice tools. No previous experience with mindfulness is required.
For more information and to register, call (509) 999-4454 or visit rebeccabohn.com.