Assisting Individuals in Crisis & Group Crisis Intervention
This three-day course will help prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services.
The fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools necessary to facilitate several types of individual "one-on-one" intervention conversations, as well as group crisis interventions - specifically Informational Interventions, such as the Crisis Management Briefing (CMB); and Interactive Interventions, such as Defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD).
We will also touch upon the rich history associated with crisis intervention work, methodologies and approaches, the rich history associated with crisis intervention management, and the importance of initiating appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary.
There is a nominal $50 charge for Providence caregivers (covers the manual sets, certificate of completion and refreshments); $300 for non-Providence employees.
Pre-registration required by February 20, 2017.
Register Online Now
- Relevant research findings
- Relevant recommendations for practice
- Incident assessment
- Strategic intervention planning
- “Resistance, resilience, recovery” continuum
- Individual "one-on-one" interventions
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Reducing risks