This program is specifically designed to address Obstetrical and Newborn emergency circumstances encountered by EMTs and Paramedics.
- The physiologic changes of pregnancy and the effect on your
- Maternal trauma and strategies to protect the fetus.
- Placental function and oxygen transport to the fetus.
- The assessment of fetal heart rate, position, and activity.
- Strategies to safely deliver the eminent birth including
Newborn Topics (STABLE Program)
- Thermoregulation strategies for the newborn including selected open abdominal wall defects.
- Recognition and treatment of hypoglycemia in the newborn.
- Airway assessment and management
Afternoon skills station
- Emergency placement of umbilical venus catheters.
- Evacuation of a tension pneumothorax in the newborn.
- Ventilation strategies for the newborn including the use of a Laryngeal Mask Airway.
- Assessing fetal lie – head or rear