This conference will bring health care professionals together from throughout the Central Basin and Inland Northwest to understand and share the challenges of implementing stroke care within a regional telestroke system network.
Cost: $60 if registered by May 5; $85 if registered on or after May 6.
The course is designed for neurohospitalists, neurosurgeons, adult critical care intensivists, interventional neuroradiologists, internal medicine hospitalists, nurses, and therapists from across the region who are involved in acute treatment, care and rehabilitation of stroke patients.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Understand treatment objectives in EMS and acute care for acute ischemic stroke
- Review neurosurgical and neuroendovascular management of cerebral aneurysms
- Discuss endovascular management of acute ischemic stroke
- Distinguish nursing rehabilitation issues in acute inpatient stroke care
- Review inpatient work-up of acute stroke
- Discuss timely assessment of the NIHSS in different stroke presentations
Contact hours will be provided