Earn 15 Contact Hours (1.5 AOTA CEUs/15 NBCOT PDUs)
As an occupational therapy fieldwork educator, your knowledge, supervision, and direction are critical to the success of your students and to the future of occupational therapy. AOTA is pleased to offer you the opportunity to advance your skills in this important area at the AOTA Fieldwork Educator Certificate Program!n.
What you can expect to gain from this unique 2-day training for fieldwork educators and academic fieldwork coordinators:
- Deeper understanding of your role as a fieldwork educator
- Effective strategies to integrate learning theories and supervision models
- Increased skills to provide high-quality educational opportunities during fieldwork experiences
- Interaction with trainers through dialogue and reflections about fieldwork
- Engagement in 4 curricular modules: administration, education, supervision, and evaluation
- Analysis of strategies to support best practice in fieldwork education
- Continuing education credit (15 contact hours) toward licensure renewal
Beth Rollinger, MHA, MS, OTR/L
Beth has been an occupational therapist for 40 years and has practiced in the areas of adolescent and child mental health, geriatrics and physical disabilities. During that time she supervised many level I and II occupational therapy students. The last 19 years she has worked at the University of Washington as the academic fieldwork coordinator. She has been a presenter for the AOTA Fieldwork Educators Certificate Program Workshops since 2011. She served as an accreditation evaluator, and is a recipient of the AOTA Achievement Award.
Megan Vecchio, OTR/L
Megan works for Providence Health and Services as a Worker’s Compensation Consultant. Prior to this, she worked as a staff Occupational Therapist at Providence Mount St. Vincent in West Seattle, where she’s had many FWI and FWII students. Megan and Beth have taught this AOTA FWEd Certificate Program since 2010, and enjoy collaborating with OT professionals with the common goal of encouraging successful FWEd programs.
- AOTA Members - $225
- Non-AOTA Members - $359
- June 3 – 4, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: May 19, 2017
- 8 Contact Hours
- Appropriate Audience: OTR and COTA
- Providence St. Peter Hospital
410 Lilly Rd NE
Olympia, WA 98506