1620 Cooper Point Road SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Philosophy of Care
I really love clinical medicine, and I’ve been inspired by the patients I’ve met — their stories and their courage. It’s been a privilege to be a part of their lives over the years.
I listen to each patient first. That way, I can understand how to help them be the best they can be. I also like to get to know patients’ families. When other family members provide encouragement and support for a patient’s health goals, there’s greater chance for success.
- Briggs YMCA Master’s Swim Team
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Society “Team-in-Training” Mentor for Triathlon Training Group
- Volunteer at Left Foot Organic Farm
Family Nurse Practitioner: University of Washington, Seattle
Awards & Achievements
- Preceptor of the Year at Pacific Lutheran University School of Nursing
- Preceptor of the Year at the University of Washington School of Nursing
- “Thurston County Woman of Distinction” Pacific Peaks Girl Scout Council
- Completed an IRONMAN Triathlon Race in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- “Treatment of Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis,” American Family Physician, Vol 83, No 12, June 15 2011.
Original research during fellowship at the University of Washington pertaining to:
- Chronic pain
Original presentations related to:
Access to expanded coverage, the role of ARNP Providers in Medical Homes
- Intern Orientation to Primary Care
- Medical Office Redesign
- Exercise Prescription (CME program)
- Primary Care for Women in Transition (CME Program)
- Collaboration Between Primary Care and Mental Health (CME program)
- Breast Self Exam (CME program)
- Clinical Associate Faculty, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Preceptor, Pacific Lutheran University FNP Student, School of Nursing
- Instructor, Pacific Lutheran University School of Nursing
- Faculty Clinical Advisor, University of Washington School of Nursing for nurse practitioners in rural track
- Preceptor, University of Washington FNP students, School of Nursing.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Nursing Practice Advisory Board, University of Washington
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- ARNP’s United
- Olympia Area Advanced Practice Organization.
I’m interested in preventive care, sports medicine, women's health and chronic disease management.
Outside. That’s where I love to be. I recently completed the Ironman Triathlon and want to do it again! I also like to go backpacking, skiing and boating.