1620 Cooper Point Road SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Philosophy of Care
I really love clinical medicine, and I’ve been inspired by the patients I’ve met — their stories and their courage. It’s been a privilege to be a part of their lives over the years.
I listen to each patient first. That way, I can understand how to help them be the best they can be. I also like to get to know patients’ families. When other family members provide encouragement and support for a patient’s health goals, there’s greater chance for success.
- Briggs YMCA Master’s Swim Team
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Society “Team-in-Training” Mentor for Triathlon Training Group
- Volunteer at Left Foot Organic Farm
Family Nurse Practitioner: University of Washington, Seattle
Awards & Achievements
- Preceptor of the Year at Pacific Lutheran University School of Nursing
- Preceptor of the Year at the University of Washington School of Nursing
- “Thurston County Woman of Distinction” Pacific Peaks Girl Scout Council
- Completed an IRONMAN Triathlon Race in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- “Treatment of Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis,” American Family Physician, Vol 83, No 12, June 15 2011.
Original research during fellowship at the University of Washington pertaining to:
- Chronic pain
Original presentations related to:
Access to expanded coverage, the role of ARNP Providers in Medical Homes
- Intern Orientation to Primary Care
- Medical Office Redesign
- Exercise Prescription (CME program)
- Primary Care for Women in Transition (CME Program)
- Collaboration Between Primary Care and Mental Health (CME program)
- Breast Self Exam (CME program)
- Clinical Associate Faculty, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Preceptor, Pacific Lutheran University FNP Student, School of Nursing
- Instructor, Pacific Lutheran University School of Nursing
- Faculty Clinical Advisor, University of Washington School of Nursing for nurse practitioners in rural track
- Preceptor, University of Washington FNP students, School of Nursing.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Nursing Practice Advisory Board, University of Washington
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- ARNP’s United
- Olympia Area Advanced Practice Organization.
I’m interested in preventive care, sports medicine, women's health and chronic disease management.
Outside. That’s where I love to be. I recently completed the Ironman Triathlon and want to do it again! I also like to go backpacking, skiing and boating.
Patient Ratings and Comments
The Patient Rating score is based on responses given during the CAHPS Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 10-point scale, with 10 being the best score. These scores are then translated to a 5-point scale in order to display results in a 5-star rating. Comments are also gathered from the same survey and displayed in their entirety with the exception of any language that may be considered slander, libel or contain private health information, which will be removed prior to publishing the comments. These comments are the views and opinions of patients and are not endorsed by or necessarily reflect the views of Providence.