Awards & Achievements
- Chief Cardiology Fellow, July 2009 - July 2010
- Medical School Dean's LIst
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Eagle Scout
"New mapping and ablation technologies for ventricular tachycardia treatment"
Advances in Arrhythmia Technologies, Wang PJ, Yock PG, Hsia HH, AI-Almad A, Tumkhia M, Zei PC, Perez, M (ed), CardioText Publishing, Minneapolis, MN, (in print) Hsia HH, Harwood MD, Schoenhard JA"Characterization of Fibrosis at Lead-Tissue Interface"
-Poster presentation at HRS 2011: Mark D Harwood, Kristine Rustad, Amin Al-Ahmad, Paul Zei, Henry Hsia, Paul Wang, Geoffrey Gurtner
"Use of 3D intracardiac echocardiography in left atrial ablation"
- J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2011; 22(4):494Karin KM Chia, John C Evans, John A Schoenhard, Mark D Harwood, Marco V Perez, Henry H Hsia, Paul J Wang, A min AI-Ahmad
"Cyclic Rapid Fluctuation of Hypertension and Hypotension in
- The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, December 2008
vol. I 0( 12), pp. 936-40: lonescu CN, Sakharova OV, Harwood MD, Caracciolo
F.A, Schoenfeld MH, Donohue TJ
"Determination of Normal Right Ventricular Mass and Volumes by Cardiac
- Submitted to ACC 2006: Mark D. Harwood, Aaron Weaver, Heath U. Jones, Gerri K. Jelaco, Julie A. Cha, Hector E. Busto, Duane D. Blatter, Jeffrey L. Anderson
"Abnormal Contraction Caused by Expression of G(i)-coupled Receptor in Transgenic Model of Dilated Cardiomyopathy."
-American Journal of Physiology- Health and Circulatory Physiology, April 2001 vol. 280(4), pp. H 1653-9: Baker AJ, Redfern CH, Harwood MD, Simpson PC, Conklin BR
"Normal Brain Development and Aging: Quantitative Analysis at in vivo MR Imaging in Healthy Volunteers."
- Radiology, September 2000, vol. 216(3), pp. 672-82: Courchesne E, Chisum HJ, Townsend J, Cowles A, Covington J, Egaas B, Harwood M, Hinds S, Press GA
- American College of Cardiology
- Heart Rhythm Society
Active in church and community service, including a leadership role in my local congregation.
Comprehensive care in heart rhythm management including routine and complex ablations (SVT, atrial fibrillation, ventricular arrhythmias, epicardial ablations, cryo-ablation), implantation and management of pacemakers and defibrillators, left atrial appendage closure, and pharmacologic treatment of arrhythmias.
I keep busy with my young, active family, raising three boys with my wonderful wife. Running, hiking, camping, cycling, snowboarding and all things little boys love.