I’m a physician with additional training in physiatry, the medical specialty that focuses on restoring optimal function to people with injuries to the muscles, bones, tissues and nervous system (such as stroke victims). Physiatry services are provided both on an inpatient (within the hospital) and outpatient (physician-office setting) basis.
I specialize in the following physiatry services:
- Musculoskeletal medicine – including back and neck pain
- Sports medicine – including shoulder, elbow and knee injury
- Peripheral neuropathy (damage to the long nerves radiating from the spine to the arms and legs)
- Nerve Conduction Study (NCS)/Electromyography (EMG)
- Spasticity management (uncontrolled contractions of the skeletal muscles) including Botox injections
- Orthotic and prosthetic management
- Arthritis management
- Joint injections
- Myofascial pain management – including trigger point injection
- Inpatient rehabilitation medicine including stroke, spinal cord injury, etc.