The Spiritual Care Department is dedicated to the respect of the individual regardless of beliefs, faith tradition, culture or spiritual journey. We strive to provide healing spiritual care and compassionate spiritual support for the whole person (mind, body, and spirit).
Submit a Prayer Request
The Spiritual Care staff seeks to honor and facilitate the search for meaning and integrity in the experiences of life- including sickness, hospitalization, bereavement or death- by offering presence, listening, support, compassion and education.
Professional Chaplains are an integral part of the health care team and collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to offer holistic care to patient and their families.
Chaplains are available to assist with:
- Emotional support and encouragement
- Patient and family requests for minister, priest, rabbi or spiritual leader
- Sacramental needs
- Patient and family stress concerns
- Fear and anxiety
- Patient and family grief/loss issues
- Concerns around poor prognosis and/or end of life issues
- Ethical issues
- Advance Directives
Chaplains are available in the hospital:
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. weekends
- On call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You may contact a chaplain by calling the Spiritual Care office (360) 493-7240 during business hours and through the main hospital operator (360) 491-9480 after business hours.
Providence Centralia Hospital Chapel
The Providence Centralia Hospital Chapel is open 24 hours and welcomes all for prayer, meditation or quiet time. The chapel is located on the first floor across from the inpatient lab and provided a peaceful setting that is a haven for all. For a current schedule of Catholic and Ecumenical Services please contact the Spiritual Care Department at (360) 330-8794.