Day of Surgery
On the day of your surgery, wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring the
following to the hospital:
- Your completed admission form
- A list of all medications and supplements you take
- All papers and X-rays given to you by your physician
- Your insurance cards, medical coupons and co-pays
- If you have a pacemaker or implanted electrical device, bring your information cards
- Current copies of your living will, advanced directives or guardianship papers,
- If you are using medications that are taken by inhaler, bring your inhaler with you
- If you have a history of sleep apnea, bring your C-PAP or BiPAP machine with you,
regardless of the type of anesthesia that is planned or your inpatient or outpatient status
Take your usual morning medications with a small sip of water.
- If you are diabetic, do not take your oral hypoglycemic or insulin medications, but bring them with you. If you have been instructed otherwise, please call the Pre-Admission Clinic at (360) 330-8612.
- If the patient is under age 18, a parent must accompany him/her and be in the building
and available throughout the stay.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home.
- Money for prescriptions at discharge should
be kept with your support person or driver.
If you are delayed for any reason, please
call (360) 330-8526.