Providence Holy Family Hospital is committed to providing quality care and services to all people, so be sure to let us know if you have special needs. The hospital does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in programs and benefits on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, source of payment or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
Of special concern is the necessity of careful communication with any person who has impaired sensory capabilities or language needs that may affect patient or public safety, treatment, care and services.
For these purposes, Holy Family provides services for hearing- and/or vision-impaired people, free of charge. Staff members are always available to help you access these services.
If you are hearing impaired, please let us know. We have a variety of services available:
- Paid interpreters and video interpretation are available through Social Services Monday through Friday, 8 a.m-4:30 p.m. Call (509) 482-1855. Contact the Nursing Supervisors all other hours at (509) 485-3940.
- TDD/TTY equipment is available in the Emergency Department. It also may be accessed at any time through the Nursing Supervisor.
- Voice Relay Service (800) 833-6384 or TTY assistance (800) 833-6388.
- Patient rooms have televisions with closed-caption capabilities.
- A Videophone for the Deaf is available.
- Assisted listening devices–including amplified phones–may be obtained through the Maintenance Department. Call x22706 or dial "O" from any hospital phone.
- Phone amplification capability is available on designated AT&T pay phones in various public areas.
- Fire Alarms systems meet all regulatory safety requirements including visual flashing.
- Offices and service areas at Holy Family have designated numbers in Braille.
- Tele-Braille Communication Relay Services are available by calling (800) 833-6385.
- Staff and volunteers may provide reading and writing assistance.
- Emergency call systems have easily accessible controls for impaired individuals.
- Ambulatory assistance is provided by staff.
- Admitting documents are available in Braille.
- Posters are available at all entry points noting free language assistance availability in multiple languages and for hearing impaired.
- Telelanguage Med Pat phones and speaker-phones are available in all service areas and through Social Services. This system is used for immediate interpretation needs.
- Face-to-face interpretation and video interpretation is available through SocialServices at (509) 482-1855, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and through the Nursing Supervisor at all other times by calling (509) 482-3940.
- Holy Family utilizes certified agency interpreters and discourages use of family or friends to provide interpretation unless the patient insists on family interpretation or the family is assisting only with social communication.
- Translated documents are available in Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese, including Terms of Admission/General Consent and other essential documents.