Awards & Accolades
Award winning care
Mount Carmel Hospital has established a long history of excellence in care, which is evident in the awards we've received including:
- Top 20 Critical Access Hospital in America — National Rural Health Association (2016)
- Top 100 Critical Access Hospital (i-Vantage Health Analytics) and “Healthstrong Top Hospital” (2013, 2014)
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience award (2014)
- Providence Mount Carmel Hospital and Providence St. Joseph’s Hospitals were recognized for top quartile performance by the Washington State Hospital Association for efforts focused on the reduction of patient harm in ten key areas.
- IBCLC Care Award. To qualify, hospitals must have a certified International Board Certified Lactation Consultant on staff (Mount Carmel has 3); a lactation support program available 5-7 days a week; complete a breastfeeding promotion project and breastfeeding training for staff within the last two years. Mount Carmel Hospital was one of only two hospitals in Washington state to receive the award in 2013.
- Best Practice in Obstetrical Patient Care — Rural Health Quality Network (2012)
- Best Practice in Publicly Reporting Quality of Care — Rural Health Quality Network (2012)
- Excellence in clinical quality of care for Acute Myocardial Infarction, Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care Improvement — The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services and Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration (2012)