About Mount Carmel Hospital
Providence Mount Carmel Hospital is a 25-bed Critical Access hospital serving a three county area in Northeast Washington. Located in Colville, our hospital opened in 1919 and was purchased in 1940 by the Dominican Sisters. In 1993 the Dominicans transferred sponsorship of the hospital to the Sisters of Providence.
Today, Mount Carmel Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital offering advanced medical and surgical care as well as specialty support and outpatient services. Thanks to a recent remodeling project, the medical center offers intimacy, convenience and easy wayfinding, along with newly-enhanced patient rooms and a more efficient emergency room. Our maternity suites that rival those found in urban hospitals and diagnostic imaging services feature technology normally not available in rural hospitals. And our physicians represent many specialties, including cardiology, gynecology, obstetrics and more.
As part of Providence Health and Services, Mount Carmel Hospital is one of 12 ministries in Eastern Washington, who together provide our region with a full continuum of medical care services. These range from health and skilled nursing care to the region’s most advanced hospital care.
Award winning care
Mount Carmel Hospital has established a long history of excellence in care, which is evident in the awards we've received including:
- Healthstrong™ Top 100 Critical Access Hospital.
- National Rural Health Association, Top 100 Critical Access Hospital.
- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine Most Wired Hospital, for use of information technologies for quality, customer service, public health and safety, business processes and workforce issues.
- Washington State Hospital Association 2011 Best Hands on Care Award, for efforts to decrease the spread of infection through proper hand hygiene.
- 2010 VHA Leadership Award for Clinical Excellence, recognizing improvements in the areas of surgical complications and infection prevention.
- American Hospital Association NOVA Award, honoring effective, collaborative programs focused on improving community health status.
- Top 100 Hospitals™: Benchmarks for Success Award, sponsored by HCIA, Inc., and Mercer Management Consulting, Inc.
A continuum of care
Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville, Washington, along with St. Joseph's Hospital and DominiCare in Chewelah, Washington are the three Providence Health Care facilities the serve Steven's County in northeast Washington state.
The two hospitals provide services generally found only in larger urban facilities, in an intimate, convenient setting, including Emergency Room, Maternity/Childbirth Physicial Therapy, Orthopedic and Radiology services, to name a few.
And the experts at DominiCare provide essential services - such as personal care, household assistance and family respite - to the frail, elderly and impaired residents of Stevens, Pend Oreille and Ferry counties, helping them maintain independence.
To learn more, watch this short video; click on the player to start; double-click for a larger view.
View Providence Mount Carmel Hospital's recent awards.
View the history of Providence Mount Carmel Hospital.
View recent news articles and press releases from Providence Mount Carmel Hospital.