Adult Volunteer Opportunities
The adult program is open to high school seniors and anyone over the age of 18.
Open Volunteer Recruitment Dates
During the following open recruitment dates, you will be asked to complete an online interest form (interest form will be linked below during recruitment dates).
Note: Open recruitment periods may end early depending on number of requests we receive.
Clerical and Office Support
Assist staff with clerical and office duties in clinical and administrative departments. Duties may include filing and collating, answering phones, using office machines and using a computer.
- Comfort Dog services (if dog is certified by Delta Society)
- Heart to Heart Volunteers: talk with others experiencing open heart surgery (Not currently accepting applications
- Cancer Center: Personal interactions and clerical work regarding cancer survivors and providing an understanding ear for patients fighting cancer.
Family Care and Guest Services
Family care volunteers act as a liaison between hospital staff and families in public areas like our surgery waiting lounge and information desks. These volunteers provide information and support to families while a loved one is being cared for.
- Patient and Family Ambassadors (Colby, Pacific, Pavilion and Emergency Room)
- Surgery Waiting
Customer service, cashier duties, and re-stocking merchandise. Minimum age is 18 years or 16 if you work with an adult.
Patient and Family Advisor
We're always looking for responsible volunteers who can work collaboratively with staff, physicians and other volunteers to make a difference in our patients' healthcare experience.
As a Patient and Family Adviser you'll:
- Provide a patient and family perspective for hospital care
- Create a comfortable, welcoming and safe place to heal
- Work with hospital leaders to shape positive changes
- Review and improve educational materials and forms
- Participate in developing policies/procedures
Patient support volunteers provide support to patients, families and staff in clinical areas. Tasks include talking and walking with patients and families, running errands, filling charts, stocking rooms and much more.
- Patient Comfort Rounds (Med/Surg and Emergency Department)
- Children's Center
- Reach Out and Read (RoaR)