High School Summer Program
Students who are selected for this program will commit to the following:
- Students must be a current sophomore, junior, or senior in high school.
- Complete the online application between March 13-April 10.
- Attend a mandatory Meet and Greet, May 17th. Parent/Guardian must also attend.
- Attend a mandatory all-day Orientation on June 26th.
- Commit to 75 hours of volunteer service between June 26th-Sept 1st.
- Participate as a Buddy at Camp Prov for one week, Monday through Friday at Forest Park in Everett.
- You will need to meet all the onboarding requirements by June 9th. Details will be discussed during the Meet and Greet.
Acceptance letters will be mailed out by April 17, 2017
The Summer Program is a key component to Providence’s mission of caring for the poor and vulnerable. Additionally, we hope that this experience will help the students:
- Increase their awareness of the healthcare field as a potential career path.
- Apply sound decision-making and problem-solving skills within their volunteer position while receiving supportive coaching and mentoring from staff.
- Practice key communication skills in a diverse environment made up of patients, family members, visitors and staff from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds.
We are confident that after completion of the High School Summer Program, students will feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in having achieved a goal while enriching the lives of our patients, visitors and staff.