Providence Regional Medical Center Everett (PRMCE) and Providence Medical Group (PMG) provides Job Shadowing opportunities for students on a limited basis. You will learn about a job role through observation and interactions with staff. Direct patient care is prohibited for any shadow or student observation.
- You must be able to identify a PRMCE or PMG staff member (also referred to as a “sponsor”) who has agreed to allow you to shadow them. Volunteer Services is unable to identify a sponsor for you.
- A sponsor must be someone who is not related to the person requesting the job shadow.
- You must be at least a high school senior or older to shadow a staff member at PRMCE or PMG.
- PRMCE and PMG allow up to 8 hours of shadowing within a six-month period.
- A Washington State Patrol background check will be run on all job shadow participants.
- You will be required to provide proof of immunizations to your sponsor for MMR, Varicella, Tdap, and Influenza (during active flu season).
- You must complete the job shadow within 30 days of receiving approval.
- The dress code is business casual. No jeans or open-toed shoes.
- Please review and complete the Job Shadow Authorization Form with your sponsor. This is the staff person you’ll be shadowing.
- Provide your sponsor with the appropriate health records as outlined in the Authorization Form.
Do not send any health documents to Volunteer Services.
- Your sponsor must present this form to the Manager/Director/Physician from the department in which you’re shadowing in order to obtain the required Manager Signature on page 2.
- Once the form is complete, please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not submit the Authorization Form without a Manager/Director/Physician signature.
- If you are unable to scan the form, you may fax it to Volunteer Services at (425) 261-4583.
- You will receive the Job Shadow Application via email within 3 business days after Volunteer Services receives the completed Authorization Form.
- Participants will be notified of approval by the end of business hours on Wednesdays.
- Applications received after 10am on Wednesdays will be processed the following Wednesday.
- Once you receive an approval email from Volunteer Services, you must arrange to pick up your temporary name badge(s) from Volunteer Services.
- Our office hours are 9am-3:30pm, Monday-Friday. Keep in mind that we may be closed during these hours, so please call ahead of time to confirm we’ll be open when you arrive.