Who will you nominate for Nurse of the Year?
Published March 23, 2015
We are pleased to announce the start of our eighth annual PRMCE Nurse of the Year Awards Program! We encourage you to start thinking today about who you will nominate for these significant honors.
Applications are being accepted in the following categories:
- Patient/Clinical Care Nomination Form: Nominee must demonstrate excellence and competence in the delivery of patient care and are seen as an advocate for patients and families.
- Rising Star Nomination Form: Nominee must have two or less years of nursing experience and demonstrate excellence and competence in the delivery of patient care and are seen as an advocate for patients and families.
- Spirit of Nursing Nomination Form: Nominees who provide positive, professional influence, guidance and support of other nurses in any setting.
- Mentoring Nomination Form: Nominees who demonstrate excellence and competence in the mentoring process by providing positive, professional influence, guidance and support of other nurses in any setting.
- Nurse Innovator Award: Nominees who have worked towards the development or introduction of innovative practices which focuses on patient care, safety, and or patient care outcomes.
Detailed criteria for each category is listed on the nomination forms (click on the links above). You can also access the forms on the Nursing Intranet Homepage under “Announcements”.
Nominations can be completed by anyone (staff, physicians, volunteers, patients, etc.)
Nominations will be accepted through Wednesday, April 22, 2015. Completed nomination forms and nomination summaries are to be submitted to Darcy Quast, Nursing Administration, Colby Campus, no later than 4:00 p.m. on April 22.
Nominations will be reviewed by a Selection Committee. The winning nominee will be announced at the May 7, 2015 Nurses Day Celebration Event. The winning nominee will be awarded:
- Nurse of the Year plaque
- 8 Hours of PTO
Nominate a Nurse Today!