Medicare Advantage Begins Wednesday, October 15
Published October 13, 2014
Open enrollment for Medicare begins Oct. 15 and runs through Dec. 7. At Providence and Northwest Washington Region, we have made a special effort to educate our patients about their Medicare options and are also encouraging them to consider one of the Medicare Advantage plans we contract with as one of their coverage choices.
What is Medicare Advantage?
It is a type of Medicare plan offered by private insurers that contract with Medicare. Medicare Advantage plans cover all the Part A and Part B services that traditional Medicare covers. Many MA plans offer additional coverage, such as vision, hearing, dental and health and wellness programs; and most include prescription drug coverage.
Why is MA a good option for our patients?
There are a variety of benefits to enrolling in Medicare Advantage. For example, Medicare Advantage plans often:
- Have defined annual out-of-pocket limits costs for medical care
- Eliminate the need for Medicare supplements
- Offer additional services, such as prescription drug coverage, vision, dental and other benefits not provided by traditional Medicare
- Focus on wellness and improved health outcomes– keeping our patients healthy
Why is MA good for our medical groups?
MA may offer many advantages for our medical group, such as:
- Demonstrated improved outcomes in chronic disease, overall costs and quality
- Aligned incentives for population health
- Population health changes
We have engaged qualified representatives from Connexion to help patients understand their options so they can make decisions that are right for their individual needs:
- On site appointments or walk in visits at many of our clinics for interested patients
- A toll-free phone line to talk about their options: 877-315-3279
Engaging and educating our patients is an important part of our strategy to become proficient in population-based medicine and new reimbursement models. Thank you for your support of this strategy and for all you do for our patients and the communities we serve.