The Birth Place
The birth of your baby is one of the most amazing, magical moments you will experience in your lifetime!
Our caring, compassionate nurses feel privileged to participate in your baby’s birth and work hard to ensure that your labor of love is a positive, memorable event.
At the Birth Place:
- Individualized labor support is based on your personal birth plan.
- Private rooms offer a home-like atmosphere to make your hospital stay enjoyable.
- Mother-baby rooms make it easy to keep your baby with you at all times.
- Highly-skilled doctors and nurses are available to ensure a happy, healthy experience for you and your baby.
- 24-hour anesthesia support is available.
- Lactation specialists work with you and your baby for successful breastfeeding.
- High-risk service areas include the Antepartum Unit for women having difficulty in pregnancy and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies who need specialized care.
- You may choose to have quality digital photos taken of your baby and posted online. (Strict precautions are taken to ensure your baby’s safety.)
- Closed circuit videos offer education from the comfort of your room.
- You’ll hear chimes ring on the hospital overhead paging system to welcome your precious baby into the world.
The Sacred Heart Women’s Outpatient Services offers these services to you during your pregnancy and after the birth of your baby:
- Tours of the Birth Place
- Follow-up phone calls with a registered nurse to answer your questions and guide you through your early days after you go home.
- Certified lactation consultants are available by appointment to help you be successful and enjoy breastfeeding.
Contact us at (509) 474-2400 or toll-free, (877) 474-2400, for more information or to schedule any of these services.
Sacred Heart’s private rooms offer a home-like atmosphere to help ensure that the birth of your baby is one of the most amazing, magical moments you will experience in your lifetime! Take a peek; join KXLY’s Nadine Woodward for a video tour.
Want to see more?
Call the Women’s Health Center to schedule your own tour: (509) 474-2400 or toll free: (877) 474-2400.