Be ready for your baby’s arrival!
There’s no experience like that of bringing a child into the world. It’s magical … special … indescribable. It can also be just a little frightening, if you're not sure what to expect!
Whether you're a first-time mom or a delivery room veteran, our Certified Childbirth Class Instructors will give you the added confidence you need as you prepare for labor and the delivery of your baby!
- Learn about labor, delivery and postpartum care. You’ll find out how to identify the signs of labor and what happens to your body as your baby makes his or her way into the world.
- Talk about your fears with other women who have similar questions. The instructor will dispel myths and help put your mind at ease.
- Connect with your partner or labor coach. Childbirth classes offer your partner or labor coach the chance to understand childbirth, too—as well as how to support you during labor.
- Discuss options for handling pain. You’ll practice various methods for coping with contractions, such as breathing techniques, relaxation and visualization. You'll also learn the pros and cons of medications.
- Get the basics on medical interventions and possible complications. Find out how routine interventions can influence the course of labor.
- Check out our facilities. See where you’ll give birth and find out about its resources.
- Brush up on newborn care, including how to choose a pediatrician, breast-feeding, diapering and bathing.
- Meet other pregnant women; hear about their experiences, and share yours!
Cost is $75. Call (509) 474-2400 to register.
Toll-free: (877) 474-2400. Medicaid of Washington accepted.
Sacred Heart’s private rooms offer a home-like atmosphere to help ensure that the birth of your baby is one of the most amazing, magical moments you will experience in your lifetime! Take a peek; join KXLY’s Nadine Woodward for a video tour.
Want to see more? Call the Women’s Health Center to schedule your own tour: (509) 474-2400 or toll free: (877) 474-2400.