At Providence Neuroscience Center and the Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital, the special needs of children are met with compassion and expertise to provide the highest quality of care.
We are recognized as a leader in the diagnosis and treatment of complex neurological problems of infants and children, including:
- Brain tumors
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Closed head injuries
- Neurological infections
- Severe brain and spinal injuries
- Spinal disorders
The unique resources of the Children’s Hospital’s comprehensive, state-of-the-art pediatric neurosurgery program include:
- Level 2- trauma service
- Pediatric units that allow 24-hour parent interaction.
- Child Life Specialists address the psychosocial and developmental issues of children in the hospital setting.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit staffed by Pediatric Intensivists.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with Neonatologists available full time.
- Neurosurgical operating room with highly specialized equipment, anesthesiologists and specialty trained personnel.