Providence Telestroke Network
Around the clock, around the region, our stroke specialists are with you when every minute counts.
When it comes to stroke, "time is brain." The faster patients can be diagnosed and treated, the better their outcomes. Together with local providers, Providence provides world-class stroke care in rural Eastern Washington when time matters most.
Through a partnership with rural hospitals, Providence can provide around-the-clock access to acute stroke experts via a secure Internet connection. Using a mobile two-way communication system, our skilled stroke neurologists can be 'in the room' with physicians, helping to evaluate patients and consult on diagnosis, treatment or transfer. Your local care team will have immediate access to the latest advancements in stroke care.
Our comprehensive Telestroke services include:
- 24-hour access to fellowship-trained stroke neurologists.
- Expert service from initial evaluation through follow-up.
- A full-time dedicated team led by an experienced telestroke neurologist and nurse coordinator.
- Continued training and education, including CME and CEU credit opportunities, for physicians, nurses and staff.
- Support and tools to enhance quality and stroke patient outcomes.
- Partnership to develop your local stroke care services.
Benefits to you and your community
Our goal is to help enhance stroke care in your community. We will work together with your doctor to determine the best routes of care for you and your family. We strive to keep treatments, rehabilitation and other care within your local community.
Providence Stroke Program is a leader in comprehensive, state-of-the-art stroke care, education and research. The center is part of Providence Neuroscience Center, a comprehensive, integrated neuroscience program that treats conditions of the brain and spine.
Here, physicians and surgeons from a variety of disciplines work with referring physicians to design treatment and rehabilitation plans focused on each patient’s needs. Among our physicians are trained specialists, leading researchers and experts in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Consistent excellence in stroke care:
- One of Washington’s first Primary Stroke Centers, as certified by The Joint Commission.
- Decades of experience providing high-level stroke care.
Providence Neuroscience Center
101 W. 8th Avenue
Phone: (509) 474-4567
Acute stroke or transfer line: (877) 323-5055