The Providence St. Mary Heart and Vascular Center is the only Level 1 Cardiac Center in Walla Walla. That means the Washington State Emergency Cardiac and Stroke System has designated us as the best equipped to provide rapid diagnosis and treatment in cardiac emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Minutes matter to the recovery of your heart after an attack. At Providence St. Mary, we have interventional cardiologists available around the clock to treat heart attacks caused by blockages.
The Heart and Vascular Center has the largest number of cardiologists in Walla Walla. They have decades of experience diagnosing and treating a wide range of cardiovascular conditions. As part of Providence Health & Services, we also have access to a system that includes cardiac care centers specializing in open-heart surgery and other procedures not available in the valley. To help you recover, we also provide cardiac rehabilitation services.
As part of our commitment to excellent care, we opened a new catheterization lab for heart diagnostics in 2014, and a new ICU in 2013.
Our services include:
- Emergency coronary stents and angioplasty for treatment of heart attacks caused by blockages
- Cardiac catheterization to diagnose and treat some heart conditions
- Cardioversion to restore abnormally fast hearts to normal rhythms
- Implantation of loop recorders, devices used to record the electrical activity of the heart in patients who regularly experience seizures, heart palpitations, lightheartedness, fainting or dizziness
- Pacemaker insertion and maintenance
- Diagnostics, including cardiac stress tests, nuclear medicine stress tests and EKGs
- Peripheral vascular angiography and transesophageal echocardiography
Learn more about our cardiologists.Ask your primary care provider for a referral to our program. For more information, call (509) 897-2600.