Aquatic therapy takes place in warm water pools at Providence St. Mary Outpatient Rehabilitation’s clinic at the YMCA at 340 S. Park Street, Walla Walla. Our staff includes physical therapists with certification in aquatics, sports and athletic training, as well as occupational therapists and assistants.
Aquatic therapy is prescribed for a wide range of conditions, including arthritis, recovery from injury or surgery, multiple sclerosis, back pain, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, balance or walking problems, and other conditions.
Aquatic therapy has numerous benefits, including:
- Early activation with weight bearing activities in a protected environment
- Increasing strength and endurance
- Increasing balance and coordination
- Improving joint range of motion
- Promoting muscle relaxation
- Decreasing muscle spasms
- Reducing swelling
- Providing exercise without stressing joints
A physician referral is required. If you do not have a referral but believe you might benefit from therapy, please speak to your doctor.