Allied Health Students
Before You Get Started
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader. This will allow you to view PDF documents on Prep Portal.
Required student placement process for Allied Health Students (excluding nursing)
- A picture ID badge is required for all students
All policies/forms are linked. To access the link, click on the document's title.
- Step 1: Gather Vaccination and Titer records (requirements are listed in the Health Verification (Form A) to be filled out and verified by your school once you obtain copies of your vaccination and titer records.
• Appearance Guidelines
- Step 2: Read and Review Guidelines (click on titles to access)
• Code of Conduct
• Cultural Diversity
• Infection Control
• Patient Safety
• Facility Safety & Fire Safety
- Step 3: Print, Review and Sign Required Forms (click on form title to access the form; submit signed forms to your school)
• Signed Acceptable Use Agreement Form
Click to see total policy for Acceptable Use Agreement
• Signed Non-Employee Confidentiality Form
• Acknowledgment of Code of Conduct
Step 1: Schools are responsible for retaining all forms listed below and retaining the student signed policies listed above in the student's file on campus. In the event of an audit, schools are to provide documentation of these forms in addition to vaccination and titer records. The only form submitted to Providence is the Access Request Form unless an audit is conducted.
- Complete and retain the following forms and their supporting documents in the student's file:
• Health Verification Form (Form A) (click on the title for link to document)
• Arrival Checklist (Form B) (click on the title for link to checklist)
• Additional Immunization & Titer Information (click on the title for link to document)
Step 2: Return Access Request Form to PHSSWProfPracticums@providence.org. The school provides the ministry with a completed Access Request Form verifying arrival information and completion of required information.
- Background Checks
All four background checks are required. Retain all results in the student's file. Any "hits" on the student's background must be submitted to PHSSWProfPracticums@providence.org for review.
- WATCH (Washington Access to Criminal History)
• Verification of name and date of birth
• Criminal Felony & Misdemeanor
• Health Care Sanctions - All
• National Criminal Search
• National Sex Offender Registry
• SSN Trace
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- Additional Documents Required
American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (AHA BCLS)
This course includes adult, child and infant CPR, Choking, and AED.
*AHA BCLS only required for students with patient contact.