Mended Hearts is a non-profit service organization of persons with heart disease, including persons recovering from heart attacks, angioplasty or open heart surgery, and their families. Members give hope and encouragement to others by providing living proof that persons with heart disease can live full, productive lives. Find out more about what Mended Hearts does by reading the Heart to Heart discussion.
Mended Hearts Chapter #130 is located in Olympia, Wash., serving Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater and the greater Thurston County area. Mended Hearts is sponsored by and closely affiliated with Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, Wash., and the American Heart Association.
The purpose of Mended Hearts is to:
- Visit with physician approval, and to offer encouragement and support to heart patients and their families.
- Distribute information of specific educational value to Mended Hearts, Inc. and to heart disease patients and their families.
- Establish a program of assistance to surgeons, physicians and hospitals in their work with heart patients.
- Cooperate with other organizations which engage in educational and research activities pertaining to heart illnesses.
- Assist established rehabilitation programs for Mended Hearts and their families.
- Plan and conduct a suitable program of social and educational events.