Kidney Transplant Services
Kidney transplants are the most common of all solid-organ transplants, and post-transplant results are generally very good.
Expert Care Close to Home
Providence St. Peter Hospital and the Swedish Transplant Program have collaborated to open a Transplant Clinic in Olympia to assess and care for patients who are candidates for kidney transplant. In time, the program will be expanded to include liver transplant patients.
The clinic is located in the former Providence Medical Group West Olympia clinic space located at 1217 Cooper Point Rd., SW, Olympia, WA 98502.
A Swedish transplant team, led by Nelson Goes, M.D., medical director for the Kidney Transplant Program at Swedish, will hold clinic once a month. Working with local Nephrology specialists from Memorial Nephrology Associates, and local GI specialists, the team will assess potential transplant candidates and provide pre-and post-transplant medical care for those placed on an organ waiting list.
The transplant team includes:
- Nephrologist Nelson Goes, M.D.
- Transplant nephrologist
- Transplant surgeon
- RN transplant coordinator
- Financial counselor
- Transplant social worker
Candidate Selection through Follow-up
Patients will be able to receive most of their care locally, with the exception of surgery:
- Phase 1: Evaluation to determine if patient is a candidate for transplant will take place at the Transplant Clinic.
- Phase II: Maintenance while the patient awaits transplant will occur at the Transplant Clinic. (The waiting period may last from several months to several years.)
- Phase III: Surgery will be performed at the Swedish Organ Transplant and Liver Center in Seattle.
- Phase IV: Post-transplant maintenance will be provided at the Transplant Clinic.
For More Information
To learn more about the Transplant Clinic, call 1-800-99ORGAN (1-800-996-7426).