Preparing for Surgery
Your surgeon will schedule your joint replacement well in advance so you can take specific, important steps to help you be fully prepared on surgery day.
The Providence St. Peter Hospital Olympia Total Joint Center will provide you with a guidebook that includes a checklist of activities and exercises designed to get you ready in the weeks leading up to surgery.
Following are some of the activities you need to complete before surgery:
- Contact your insurance company
- Complete hospital pre-registration
- Obtain medical and anesthesia clearance
- Start preoperative exercises
- Attend preoperative education seminar
- Understand your anesthesia options
- Attend a preoperative visit with your surgeon
- Stop medications that increase bleeding
- Prepare your home
If you have any questions about this checklist, call our Total Joint Center coordinator at (360) 493-7026.