The Week Before Surgery
Make the following arrangements during the week leading up to your surgery:
- If you are traveling a long distance and need housing the night before your surgery, call the Sunshine House at (360) 493-7900 to make arrangements.
- Outpatients must have an adult readily available to drive them home after surgery and be with them for 24 hours after surgery.
- If you are ill the week before your procedure, contact your physician.
- Complete all pre-op testing ordered by your physician. This includes blood tests, EKG, chest X-ray, etc.
- What will be discussed at my pre-admission call? A nurse from the Pre-Admission Clinic will call you prior to your day of admission. The purpose of the pre-admission telephone call is to:
- Review your health history with a registered nurse.
- Receive individualized instructions about how to prepare for your surgery, what to expect on the day of your surgery and after your surgery, and any special needs or concerns you may have.
- Verify you have completed any required lab work and other tests.
- Verify your current medications, including name of drug, dose and frequency taken.
- Arrange for referrals or services you may need.