Our pediatric Carousel Program is a unique blend of home health, palliative and hospice care, providing an integrated and tender approach to children and their families.
Our experienced interdisciplinary team members are a calming source of support and comfort during a difficult time. The caregivers’ focus is always on the child’s quality of life. Team members provide a holistic approach in addressing the physical, educational, psychological, social and spiritual needs of young patients and their families.
Pediatric Palliative Care provides care to children and their families who have an extended illness or a chronic illness of childhood who benefit from home visits and case management.
Pediatric Hospice provides end-of-life care to children who have a life-limiting diagnosis and their families, with a focus on enhanced quality of life. The Pediatric Hospice Team excels in pain, sign/symptom management and family centered support and care.
The Care Team
- Your child’s physician
- Medical director
- The program pharmacist
- The program clinical supervisor
- Pediatric registered nurses
- Pediatric medical social workers
- Pediatric bereavement specialists
- Volunteers as needed
We also provide a bereavement support program, which offers special grief support workshops, death education, and death crisis counseling for young people. The tenderhearted Carousel Program provides three complimentary bereavement services for children and teens
- Standing Together: workshops targeting death education and unresolved grief
- School Grief Response Team: death crisis counseling for students and staff in local schools
- Camp Erin: a specialized weekend grief camp
For more information, call (425)261-4801.