Grief Support for Adults
We all experience the process of grief. This process is unique to each individual and takes time and support. Our services provide specialized guidance and educational opportunities geared toward the learning and growth of each person who grieves the loss of someone significant in their lives.
The Grief Support Services Program at Providence Hospice of Seattle offers supportive and educational opportunities that recognize the innate resilience of the human spirit. We acknowledge each individual’s natural strength to grow and learn from the experience of grief ~ and this belief underlies each program offering. For more information on any of these services, please call (206) 749-7702.
- Individual Assessment and Counseling: Masters level counselors are available to provide individual appointments on a short term basis for losses related to the death of a significant person.
- Stories of the Heart ~ A Time for Reflection: Our annual memorial service honors those who have died on hospice service over the past year. Join us in this time of reflection and celebration as we honor the lives of all those individuals with whom we have had the privilege to serve. Please call (206) 749-7702 for more information.
- Educational Workshops and Presentations: Throughout the year Grief Support Services provides workshops and presentations on a variety of grief related topics. Organizations, schools or businesses may also call the Grief Support Services Program to arrange for a situational specific event. Please call (206) 749-7703 for more information.
- Grief and the Holidays Seminar: The educational interactive evening explores the special challenges of grieving through the holiday season.
- Bereavement Volunteers: Trained volunteers can offer support and resource information for individuals who have had a loved one die while on hospice service.
- Supportive Mailings: These include educational material, a calendar of events and resource material. They are sent to family members who received services from Providence Hospice of Seattle. Keep posted for our online newsletter.
- Support Groups:Throughout the year, Grief Support Services offers a variety of support groups designed to meet the needs of those we serve.Our groups create a safe environment for growth and can help provide guidance with life adjustments following the death of a significant person.
We offer our services at no charge, thanks to the Providence Hospice of Seattle Foundation. We accept both individual donations and grants. Please call the Foundation at (206) 320-7188 for more information.