Flu threatens lives; Providence hospitals respond
January 02, 2014
As reported by the Spokane Regional Health District, our Spokane, Eastern Washington community is seeing an increased incidence of Infuenza, including the H1N1 flu. Patients—and employees—at both Sacred Heart and Holy Family are being treated for flu-related illnesses, including severe respiratory problems resulting in higher admissions to our Intensive Care units.
Strict visitor restrictions are now in place.
Only immediate family members at least 18 years of age will be allowed to visit in the following high-risk areas:
- All Critical Care units
- Children’s Hospital units
- Pulmonology & Oncology (Sacred Heart 7 North & 7 South)
ALL VISITORS are asked to:
- Return home without visiting patients if they have ANY flu-like or cold symptoms
- Check in at the nurses’ station on the floor they wish to visit, and NOT go straight to a patient’s room.
- Wear a mask in the Emergency Department (and other areas upon request).
- Use hand sanitizer before and after entering a patient’s room.
Thank you for your cooperation and support of these life-saving actions.