Volunteer - Build a strong community
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Individuals, families or groups who want to make a difference in the lives of older adults in the community and who enjoy meeting, interacting with and assisting our participants and staff are welcomed as volunteers.
As a Providence ElderPlace volunteer, you help participants maintain their health and independence in their community. Providence ElderPlace participants live throughout King County.
Our volunteers serve in a variety of areas such as:
- In-home volunteers; including friendly and spiritual visitors
- Pet therapy volunteer visits
- Adult day health site volunteers; help with arts and crafts, music, holiday programs and other activities as needed
- Marketing material and mailing volunteer
Volunteers are matched according to qualifications, interests and availability.
Current volunteer opportunties
- Friendly Visitors: Volunteers visit Providence ElderPlace participants in their homes or facilities. Volunteers must attend specialized training provided by Providence ElderPlace and commit to two hours per week for six months. These companions may read, paint, play games, sing, etc., with participants. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Spiritual Visitors: Volunteers help feed the spirit of participants in the community through their compassionate interdenominational visits.
- Social Visitors: Volunteers visit participants at Adult Day Health locations. Volunteers are able to spend time with people who may need a little extra assistance with activities or someone to sit with them and listen to stories and be a friend. Families or groups are welcome to volunteer together.
All volunteers receive a general orientation and training. Some positions require additional training. A six month time commitment is requested.
If you have more questions about volunteering at Providence ElderPlace, please contact Cara Aguilera, volunteer services coordinator, at 206-305-2995 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out our volunteer application to get started