at Providence Marianwood
Marianwood relies on volunteers to help provide assistance with services, programs and activities for our patients and residents, and to add to the sense of community and quality of life. Volunteers are highly valued and respected. In 2011, over 1,000 individual volunteers donated over 9,000 hours valued at $207,500 to Providence Marianwood! Click here for the full report.
We routinely seek volunteers in the following areas:
- Nurturing - 1:1 visiting with a resident.
- Group Assistant - Assisting residents during activity groups such as arts and crafts, Bingo, cooking, exercise groups and entertainment.
- Dining Room Assistant - Assisting residents/patients during meals.
- Dining Room Host/Hostess- Helping residents to the dining room and serving beverages prior to the meal service.
- Pampered Hands - Assisting residents/patients with age related painful hands to soak in warm scented water and apply lotion. Very social and fun group.
- Clerical - Clerical work as needed by different departments. Computer skills a plus!
- Leisure Cart - Assisting short term stay patients by operating a recreation cart and offering leisure materials.
- Pastoral Care - Spiritual supportive visits and groups.
- Providence Marianwood Auxiliary Gift Nook- Help with the Gift Nook and other sales and activities held throughout the year to raise money to support Providence Marianwood residents and programs.
- Don't be limited by this list. Let us know if you have a special talent or idea that you'd like to share!
Training and staff supervision provided for all volunteer positions.
Minimum commitment of 1 time per week for 6 months is requested.
Groups are welcome (for example - work groups, church groups, social club groups).
For more information about volunteering at Marianwood, please contact Jenna Higgins, Interim Volunteer Liason at (425) 391-2895 or e-mail email@example.com.
Note: Orientation for new volunteers is generally not held between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Please call the Volunteer Office if you have any questions.
Providence Marianwood values diversity throughout this ministry.