Providence Mount St. Vincent is a great place to volunteer!
We welcome you to join over 250 other community members, family members and teens who make a difference here at The Mount every day. Whether you can volunteer for a few hours a month or a few minutes every day, we have an opportunity for you to work in an area that brings you great personal satisfaction.
Would you like to....
- Visit one-on-one with residents;
- Accompany residents on field trips and community outings;
- Lead or co-lead a variety of recreational activities such as discussion groups or intergenerational art projects;
- Provide clerical support to administrative staff;
- Read to a child in The Mount's Intergenerational Learning Center;
- Work in the Emilie's Treasures Thrift Boutique or in the gift shop;
- Help with special events (i.e., entertainment, parties, etc.); or
- Help the Auxiliary by making or donating crafts to sell at the holiday bazaar;
Volunteers are an essential part of The Mount’s community.
Currently, over 200 volunteers (ranging in age from 14 to 95) offer their friendship and talents to promote the physical and spiritual health and well-being of our residents and program participants in countless ways. Volunteering at The Mount is a great way to make new friends, help other people, develop new skills and be part of a vital, caring community with a national reputation for excellence. Your time is an invaluable gift to the residents of The Mount!
"Studies show that people who volunteer 1 to 2 hours a week are healthier, live longer, and are more satisfied with their lives compared with nonvolunteers."
Prevention Magazine, January 2009
Applying to become a volunteer
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at The Mount, please complete the forms below and email Storey.Squires@providence.org to schedule an interview appointment.
Volunteers are required to be immunized against influenza ("the flu") if they wish to volunteer during flu season (October to April). Severe egg allergy documented by a physician and religious objections are the only exceptions to the policy.