Our Transitional Care (sub-acute*) Unit (TCU) is designed for a short term stay and is Medicare approved. Our goal is to transition individuals from the hospital to home, assisted living, or to long term care. We treat many different conditions such as orthopedic injuries including fractured hip, neurological injuries such as strokes, and post acute rehabilitation following surgery, such as a total knee replacement, just to name a few.
Explore Our Transitional Care Unit
Click on the photo below and take a 360 degree virtual tour of the rehabilitation gym, the occupational therapy kitchen and the occupational therapy bathroom. You can also view several photos of the TCU.
Our Transitional Care Neighborhood provides:
- Skilled nursing services and a dedicated team of professionals
- Respectful and compassionate care based on your individual needs and preferences
- Collaboration with you, your family and healthcare providers to develop a plan that supports you and your recovery
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Vibrant intergenerational community of residents, staff, volunteers and children
- Options for food and a variety of dining locations
- Full access to Providence Mount St. Vincent's vibrant community
- Telephone, cable and tv, wireless internet
Thank you for considering Providence Mount St. Vincent for your short-stay and recovery. For additional questions, or to check availability, call (206) 938-8596 or (206) 938-6036 or contact admissions.
For more information about Medicare/Medicaid, check out their web sites.
*"Subacute" is a term used to describe care that does not require hospitalization, but cannot be given in a lesser setting such as home or a custodial care setting. Generally, it is care provided after a stay in the hospital following an illness or after surgery.