Care for Life's Transitions
For more than 80 years, Providence St. Joseph Care Center has served as a loving extension of families who need help caring for a loved one, carrying on the tradition of the Sisters of Providence who began their works by providing homes for the frail and ill elderly.
St. Joseph has also provided a refuge for those with nowhere else to turn. Patients with special needs, complex or expensive care usually have few choices when it comes to finding a skilled nursing facility. For many residents, Saint Joseph is alone in opening our doors and providing needed care.
St. Joseph Care Center is a 112-bed licensed skilled nursing facility located two blocks from Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center.
- Recognized as a high quality skilled nursing provider.
- Long history of extremely positive State/Federal surveys.
- Staff turnover is less than ⅓ the national average.
- Employee surveys show a strong identification with the Mission.
- Resident satisfaction surveys very positive: 98 percent would recommend Providence St. Joseph.
New Rehab Facilities and Garden
A new wing at St. Joseph Care Center houses the Providence Transitional Care Unit. The 1,500-square-foot therapy center features a wide range of new therapy and exercise equipment—even a Wii-Fit to add fun to therapy exercises!
The therapy center has an entire wall of floor-to-ceiling windows facing the healing garden. The garden is available to St. Joseph residents and their families for walking, enjoying the beautiful water feature and for spiritual contemplation. The water feature provides the soothing sights and sounds of water in motion.