Did you know?
- Tobacco accounts for 7,500 preventable deaths in Washington state every year.
- Nationally, cigarette smoking accounts for roughly 438,000 deaths every year--more than AIDS, illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides and murders combined.
- Spit tobacco contains 28 cancer-causing agents and is NOT a safe alternative to cigarettes.
- There is no safe level of exposure to secondhand smoke. An estimated 46,000 deaths are caused by exposure to secondhand smoke every year in the United States.
- Every Washington household pays an estimated $631 each year for tobacco-related health care, even if nobody in the household smokes.
When you quit smoking the benefits are immediate. Find out what they are today!
* Links to external resources are provided as a public service for educational purposes only. External links do not imply endorsement by Providence Health & Services of any political, commercial, promotional or other proprietary content that may be included in linked Web sites.