How Can I Tell If I Have A Problem With Drugs Or Alcohol?
Drug and alcohol problems can affect every one of us, regardless of age, sex, race, marital status, place of residence, income level or lifestyle. Do any of the following statements describe you?
- You can’t predict whether or not you will use drugs or get drunk.
- You believe that in order to have fun you need to drink and/or use drugs.
- You turn to alcohol and/or drugs after a confrontation or argument, or to relieve uncomfortable feelings.
- You drink more or use more drugs to get the same effect that you got with smaller amounts.
- You drink and/or use drugs alone.
- You remember how last night began, but not how it ended, so you’re worried you may have a problem.
- You have trouble at work or in school because of your drinking or drug use.
- You make promises to yourself or others that you’ll stop getting drunk or using drugs.
- You feel alone, scared, miserable and depressed.
- You give up social and family events so you can use or drink.
- You are involved in the legal system due to your use.
If you have experienced any of the above problems, take heart, help is available. More than a million Americans like you have taken charge of their lives and are living healthy and drug-free. For more information on our services, please call (360) 456-7575 or (800) 332-0465.